Dr. ARUDOU, Debito's Home Page

From Debito's doctoral research:

Embedded Racism: Japan's Visible Minorities and Racial Discrimination

  • Embedded Racism: Japan's Visible Minorities and Racial Discrimination
  • (Lexington Books, Rowman & Littlefield 2015/2016)

    Click on book cover for reviews, previews, and 30% discount direct from publisher. Available in hardcover and Kindle eBook on Out in paperback July 2016!

  • Book IN APPROPRIATE: A novel of culture, kidnapping, and revenge in modern Japan
  • BLOG BIZ: Vacationing for a few weeks for the Summer

    Posted by Dr. ARUDOU, Debito on August 20th, 2013

    eBooks, Books, and more from ARUDOU Debito (click on icon):
    Guidebookcover.jpgjapaneseonlyebookcovertextHandbook for Newcomers, Migrants, and Immigrants to Japan「ジャパニーズ・オンリー 小樽入浴拒否問題と人種差別」(明石書店)sourstrawberriesavatardebitopodcastthumb
    UPDATES ON TWITTER: arudoudebito
    DEBITO.ORG PODCASTS on iTunes, subscribe free
    “LIKE” US on Facebook at

    Hi Blog.  It’s that time of the year again in the Northern Hemisphere, when people are supposed to go out and enjoy the delightful (if hot) weather (or in any case take a vacation).  I’ll do the same for for a few weeks (excepting the days my next Japan Times JBC column comes out).  I’ll be a little slow on approving comments, so please be patient.  Enjoy the rest of August and into September!  Arudou Debito

    2 Responses to “BLOG BIZ: Vacationing for a few weeks for the Summer”

    1. Thomas Says:

      I just found your web blog while searching for info about divorce……need I say more?:-) I bet you haven’t visited that page in a long time, right? So, I have to find out about filing in the US after the divorce is completed in Japan (soon). Any links? We got married in the US. Is it just going to the state web link?
      Regards, Thomas

      — Probably. Requirements for marriage and divorce differ from state to state in the US.

    2. Getchan Says:

      In order to find out what to do next, please contact the US Consulate first. I take it, you have lived in Japan, when the divorce was finalized. You need to have the divorce recognized stateside. If the marriage has never been registered stateside in the first place, there will be no need to take further action. But as I said, the US Consulate will know more… 😉

    Leave a Reply