In your opinion, is Japan an easy place to work?
- On balance, Japan is a difficult place to work. (25%, 56 Votes)
- No, Japan is a very difficult place to work. (24%, 55 Votes)
- On balance, Japan is an easy place to work. (20%, 46 Votes)
- I can't say either way. (12%, 27 Votes)
- Yes, Japan is a very easy place to work. (11%, 24 Votes)
- I've never worked in Japan. (8%, 19 Votes)
Total Voters: 227
COMMENT: As opposed to the previous poll, whether or not Japan is an easy place to live (a clear majority–62%–indicated it was), asking the question about Japan as a workplace elicited responses that were less clear. Total 49% of 227 respondents leaned towards “difficult” or “very difficult”, whereas 31% leaned towards “easy” or “very easy”. Of course, there are more factors at play (and less under the control of the individual) when it comes to workplace versus lifestyle. So to me it is quite understandable that opinions would be more mixed.
Again, as disclaimers keep pointing out, this is hardly anything scientifically “significant”–just a survey of readers who wished to vote.
Next poll: Would you choose Japan as your permanent residence? Let’s group the two previous questions together and draw a conclusion. Debito